Solent University will receive and process your data, including personal data and sensitive or special categories of data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other data protection law. The University will process your data in order to manage the recruitment process and for administrative and analysis purposes.
Your personal data, collected through the application form(s), will be processed for the following purposes:
- Recruitment of Staff
- Management of the recruitment process
- Monitoring and statistical analysis of our recruitment process.
We will also use your details to contact you as necessary as part of the recruitment process.
Your data will be stored on secure servers in the UK provided by Hireserve Ltd www.hireserve.com which provides our applicant tracking software. Your data will be transferred securely to servers on the Solent University network. Application data will be held for 12 months before it is anonymised and archived for reporting purposes All personal details are removed from the application although the outcome of the application is retained against the job. All candidate accounts are deleted after 12 months of non-use and candidates will receive notification of this one month before.
If you are employed by SSU your data will be transferred to our People Management System on servers hosted by SSU and be further processed for the following purposes:
- Transfer to the payroll management system for payroll and contract management
- Transfer to ICT for email and ID Management purposes
- Library access
- Student records systems
- Staff analysis and workforce planning
- Statutory returns: HESA
We will not share your data with any third party for marketing purposes. Any data you provide as part of the application and recruitment process will only be shared where it is essential for the management of the employment contract. We share your data with:
- Occupational Heath Ltd who will carry out a heath screening prior to commencement of the contract.
- Disclosure and Baring service who will carry out a pre employment check if required.
- Pension scheme: depending on which scheme you join your data will be shared with either Hampshire County Council, Teachers Pension Scheme or USS.
- HMRC for tax purposes.
For further information please contact email@example.com
By submitting an application form you are actively indicating your understanding and acceptance of the following provisions:
- To the best of your knowledge the information you have given on the application form is correct and may be used as part of your Contract of Employment
- You consent to the processing of your data for the purposes described in the 'Data Protection' section above
- Any of the following will disqualify your application or, in the event of discovery after appointment, may result in the termination of your employment:
- Deliberately giving false, incomplete or misleading information
- Canvassing of members of the University or any Committee
- Failure to disclose unspent criminal convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.